Boy has it been awhile. No worries, we're no less sassy, possibly more bitchy.
Doctors ~ you can't live with 'em, you can't live without 'em. Actually I'd like to live with one so I wouldn't have to work. Anywho... please explain the policy of not being able to schedule a medical appointment in advance unless it's routine?
I have had hip pain for over 6 months now. I've seen the doctor twice. I've taken steroids. Had injections. Done therapy. Now I'm living on all natural joint-ease supplements & Osteo Bi-Flex. I am not even 40. . . yet.
That's it, I call the doc. I don't care for doctors or appointments. I avoid them as much as possible but I just can't take the discomfort any longer. I am a Zumba® instructor (yes I'm aware that most likely is the culprit but that ain't gonna stop me so someone has to fix the issue!) and my hip is quite precious to me.
I'm told I can't make an appointment in advance. I have to call the day of.
Say what?? The day of ... what? Pain? Got that... had that, let's just get this figured out.
I can't come today, I want to come on Monday.
Ok then call Monday morning.
She rustles through the appointment book & says, it would be more mid morning since it's booked for the early hours.
Wait... since you're already IN there & looking at the book, just pencil (or type) me in. Nope.
Instead I must get up early & play the dial game as if I'm trying to win NKOTB tickets like I did when I was 16 (dont' judge) hoping I'm the 10th caller and can get a good time. Do you KNOW how many calls come into doctor's offices on Mondays??? Ugh.
Instead I may get an afternoon appointment that now makes me late for work since I had to stay home hoping I'd get an early appointment OR better yet.. No appointment at all.
This makes no sense to me. I am a planner. I'm trying to plan my day AHEAD of time. Let my boss know I'll be late or I'll be off or I'll be leaving early. I'm not a "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" kinda girl.
I think this is bull & stupid. I'm sure they have their reasons but they're just not enough. What if everything fucntioned like doctor's offices?
You want to book our venue for your wedding? Great, call the day of & we'll see if we can fit you in.
You want to book a room? Awesome, call us that day & we'll see if we have any.
You wanted that delivered for Monday? Ok, just call Monday & we'll ship it out.
Make sense? Yea, didn't think so.
Enjoyed the post. I've got the same ungodly pains but it was diagnosed as arthritis. Try a sports doctor.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the suggestion DCnTN, will definitely do that since I"m not getting anywhere otherwise.
ReplyDelete