This “blog” is more of a poll, I just wanted to say more than a poll would allow (imagine that!)
The time finally comes to make things “official”. And what’s most important? That you love each other, right… ok yea that’s a plus but I’m talking about a ‘girl’s best friend’ here…. A Diamond ring!! Every girl’s dream is to be proposed to in the most romantic way possible, but most times you only see that in the movies L Yet, whether you jump on stage at your favorite concert and pronounce your undying love or you’re sitting on the couch in your house & say “oh yea, ya wanna get hitched?” the question is this, does the guy go out on a limb & pick the ring or do you shop together?
Ladies, would you prefer your man to ask you to go shopping & ruin the whole element of surprise? Or would you rather not have a clue & be happy with whatever you get. Come on, I know there are some divas out there that need to stand up & say “oh hell no he ain’t pickin’ it by himself!” I mean, this is something that will be on your finger forever, or at least until it’s upgraded ;-)
Men, would you prefer your woman to tell you EXACTLY what it is she wants? Not just the cut, but basically all but walk out of the store with it on her finger? Men get nervous about this step in life, whether they know she’ll say yes or not, it’s a huge step & you want that girl to be smitten & gloating for days about the “rock” you gave her.
My opinion?? So glad you asked. I’m all for the element of surprise!! I love surprises & who doesn’t?!? Too many things in life need to be planned & this (usually) only happens once in your lifetime so I want it to be as memorable as possible. I don’t need to have my “dream ring”, there’s time for upgrading down the road ;-) I want something that was picked over by my significant, meaning THEY put thought into it. They shopped around by themselves, looked at many styles & maybe even asked the sales clerk to try it on just so they could get a visual. Let them inquire & find out diamonds aren’t just round. They’re Marquis, Square, Princess & even Teardrop shaped. So let ‘em sweat a little & go with their heart to choose that diamond they think expresses their love & will compliment you.
I know there are true romantics out there & I would LOVE to hear about your special moment. Needless to say, I’ve been lucky enough to have been proposed to not only twice but by a man, and also by a woman. Now this is NOT a bust on men, I have faith in many of you, but for me, the experience was two different ends of the spectrum. No details will be given (mainly because there aren’t any) about how my ex husband proposed, but when it comes to “fairytale” proposals, Kelly won hands down! But what I will say is this, WHEN the time comes, do it from the heart. Tell her why you want to spend the rest of your life with her & how much she means to you. That is what wins the girl over, not the ring, I promise ;-)
NOTES:
~ I may be old fashioned, but no matter how you go about choosing the ring, get on bended knee when you ask, it's just that "heart stopping" moment that will make it special no matter where the proposal takes place.
~I’m all for women proposing to men too!! So this advise goes both ways!
No comments:
Post a Comment