Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm guessing you said yes?

Well, for those who haven't heard yet (because I will admit, I am a bit obsessed about it and keep talking about it non-stop), I am newly engaged :) So thus, this post is done at the request of my dear friends who haven't heard the story yet. 

Preface this, for those who do not know, the story of the two of us.  We went to school together, and were best friends from middle school on.  Oddly, we never dated, which is quite amusing because everyone else knew we should have, we just didn't quite catch on to that.  Admittedly, I adored him yet never told him.  I found out almost 2 years ago that he felt the same.  After a few "OMG how did we not mention this years ago?" conversations, and some other life events that led us to where we were in a position to date, we decided to give it a go.

We took a vacation to see a dear friend of ours from high school.  She was the first person I shared our dating news with, as she was one of the people who would really "get" how big of a deal it was for us to be together.  She was thrilled, and also reminded us that we should have done it long before now.  She lives out of state, so we decided to take the little guy and head down her way to visit with her and her family.  At the end of the week, she and I were sadly packing my stuff in the car to leave.  When we came in from outside, my guy asked if he could talk to us.

Clearly, that struck me as odd.  Usually, when something like this happens to me, either A...something bad has happened or B...I'm in a lot of trouble.  I don't like being in trouble, and I am not often in trouble with him, so my first though was something bad had happened.  Especially given the look on his face...see???


So I walked over and gave him a hug.  Weird...he didn't let go.  And his heart was pounding.  Oh no...this can't be good.  I wonder what happened.  As we are standing there, he started talking about how we had known each other for 20 years, and how we had come full circle, we were in our old HS friend's house for vacation.  That kind of thing.  What that had to do with anything bad, I wasn't sure.  But I was bracing for the worst.  "We've come full circle so its only appropriate that I tell you I've decided to join the circus and won't be taking you with me."  I dunno, something weird, for sure, had to be happening. 

So then he says the sweetest thing I have ever heard.  "Ever since I met you, I've always called you my princess.  Well, now I think its time that I make you my queen."  Something clicks....he reaches in his pocket...and I think I squealed like a little girl.  I'm not sure...I was so utterly shocked, I could have done or said just about anything.  Although, with my hand slapped over my mouth, I probably wasn't saying much of anything.


He popped open the box, to show the most amazing ring I had ever seen.  Got down on one knee (see, I think he read JT's blog) and asked me to marry him. 


It definitely deserved a kiss.  I couldn't just let him stay down there on his knee all alone ;)



(notice...the ring is still not on my finger)  I am blubbering like a crazy woman (no comments from the peanut gallery about my legendary crying ability, either).


He finally says two of the funniest things. 1. "I'm guessing you said yes?" and 2. "Can I put this on your finger, please?"  I think he was sick of hearing me bawl in his ear and say "We should have done this 20 years ago." ;)


I realized, shortly after he put the ring on, that someone had been snapping pictures and that we really weren't the only ones on the planet at that moment, although it had seemed as if everyone else disappeared :) So, I turned around and grabbed my girl, who, btw, was crying equally as much as I was.  She knew how much this meant to me.  I adore that girl.





Her amazing hubby, had been tipped off by my guy, that he was going to propose right then.  He ran, grabbed the camera, and thanks to him we have amazing pictures to show off.  He is the best :)



(Here is where I say...we were in our jammies...I had woken up not too much before this.  I really could have used some makeup and non-jammie clothes, and I would have if I had known a camera was going to be anywhere in the vicinity)





We had to grab our technology to start the calling/texting process to spread the word. 

I couldn't stop kissing him ;)

I called my girls to tell them the news.




And then we commenced to texting all of our family and friends to let them know the news as well.

And ... my sweetie's favorite pic, I am quite sure....


They added the picture to the end of the disc.  They said I cried so much that poor children had to run from the tears.  They are so mean to me ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for commenting, we were beginning to think the link didn't work. Now that you broke the comment cherry, hope others will take a "stab" at it... :)

    ReplyDelete